Thursday, February 6, 2014

My new goal!

Last night I told Adam that I have tried several times to read through the entire Bible but I have never finished it.  There are books that I find for lack of a better word, boring.  I'll admit, some of it is quite confusing.  I have been a Christian for most of my life. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 4 years old and even though I have heard & even read many of the verses in the Bible, I've never read it entirely and I've always wanted to.  Why?  Because I know that it will give me a better understanding of God and what he has called me to do and called me to be.

I subscribe to a blog that is called The MOB (mothers of boys) Society.  It has been a great resource for me over the last year or 2 that I have been reading it.  These moms personalize scripture to pray over your boy(s) and give practical & wise advise on how to address many situations.  When a tragedy happens, they often talk about how to discuss it with your children & usually use a biblical perspective.  I received an email titled:  Tips for Reading Through the Bible for the First Time BY You'll find a link below if you are interested in reading the blog post yourself.  Or like I said, you may be searching for help with how to raise your son. Check The MOB Society out for great resources.

Mob Society Tips for Reading Through the Bible

I found Jacque's tips to be helpful and I know that in my quest for seeking God, the manifestation of the healing he has for me, and sharing about God with others, this will help me be more focused and in tune with God and I'll finally achieve my goal of reading the entire Bible. I already printed the reading sheet in chronological order and plan to start at the beginning. I'm a month late in starting the way the plan is written up but that's okay. I will take it at the pace that is reasonable for me and I will let you know when I have reached my goal.

Nearly 2 weeks ago when Gabby was throwing up and I had to miss church for the 2nd week in a row, I used a sermon on cd to have church. It wasn't quite the same as being with the body of Christ but I was seeking God and he met me where I was. That Sunday, I watched Veggie Tales Esther and The Prince of Egypt with the kids. And then later that week we watched Joseph: King of Dreams. Even watching those made me crave to seek out more of God's word and find out what the Bible says exactly about the story of Joseph so I could explain to my children which parts the movie makers embellished in order to try to paint a full picture. I found myself reading chapter after chapter and that's when I had the thought that it was time for me to read through the whole Bible. And then I received the email from the blog on tips to help one read through the bible and now I have a new goal that I fully intend to accomplish.

 
On an update note, things are going good for us.  I am trying to get back into the swing of things now that the pain is gone.  I've been going through closets to take out too small of clothes and catching up on things that I had to let go for awhile.  We have been having family game time when we can.  We played  Hedbanz which was quite interesting.  Really made us think which was fun and good practice for all of us.  We played Pictionary Junior without teams since Adam wasn't home.  I was hoping we'd be able to play another game tonight but we've got a meeting for Gabby going into Junior High next year instead.  Perhaps after school tomorrow will work instead.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Prayer Warriors:
1. That the healing that I believe God has done, will fully manifest (with the tumor being completely gone, the bones, lymph nodes, and anything else that has been affected will be restored supernaturally, & that there won't be any lasting issues from the medications & procedures I have had done or will have done).
2. God's protection and blessing will be upon my family and me.
3. That God will continue using us to glorify His name & that we will be attentive to Him to lead and guide our every step.
4. That I will be consistent with my Bible reading goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment