Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Trust, Peace, Hope, & Healing



I have been busy trying to keep up with everything around the house & with the family.  I think I'm doing a decent job but that makes it so I don't have much computer time. Which is okay but means that I don't take the time to share on my blog as often as I would like.  So it's time to catch up again. lol

Today I received a phone call from my oncologist.  He called to tell me that the tumor marker numbers have risen & now I need to have a bone scan done on Tuesday here in Escanaba.  They were 204 before and they have jumped to 275 which is not the direction that he wants them to go.  I would say it's amazing at how much peace I have but it is actually no amazement to me since I know that it is God who has blessed me with His peace that passes all understanding.  I am not scared or nervous about what the scan will show.  I know that no matter what, God will take care of me & my family.  I trust HIM with all my heart, soul, & mind.

Proverbs 3:1-8

New International Version (NIV)

Wisdom Bestows Well-Being

My son, do not forget my teaching,
    but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
    and bring you peace and prosperity.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
    bind them around your neck,
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
    in the sight of God and man.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a meeting that Bruce Van Natta shared his testimony at.  What a miraculous testimony it was.  If you are interested in reading more you can visit his website. I've actually not had the time to check his website out but I listened to him share in person. sweetbreadministries  Anyway, while there, I went up for prayer.  I was sort of expecting something along the lines of a healing from the cancer but what Bruce said to me that the Holy Spirit shared with him was very similar to what a lady had said to me a few weeks ago when a group of ladies were praying over me.  It sort of caught me by surprise and I knew it was from God because there is no other way he would have known, except from the Spirit revealing it to him as it has been revealed to this other lady (especially since we had not had a conversation).  I believe that God took that bondage from my past & freed me from it.  I felt lifted & free.  In fact, I still do Praise God.  And I also experienced less pain in my shoulder blades which is an answered prayer since the bones there had been affected.

When I received the call today about the number going up, I was reminded that the blood was drawn prior to this prayer.  I know that satan is trying to use this to create fear in me and I will not fall for that. Instead, I will draw near to God & put my hope & trust in him.

I know many of you are praying for us already.  We REALLY appreciate it. That's the reason I feel so much at peace despite this bump in the journey.  Please continue to pray.  I have been concentrating on praising God & thanking him for healing me (since 1 Peter 2:24 says that by his stripes we were healed), especially my bones since the scan will be done on Tuesday next week.  The verses above have been a source of guidance for me when I pray and I am standing on God's word that says to fear the Lord & not be wise in my own eyes because it will bring what I am asking for... health to my body & nourishment to my bones. I can't type anymore tonight since I am dealing with a 1 year old that has lack of sleep from the time change (which means mom does too). She's irrational, crabby, & could use a full night's sleep.  So please pray for a sweet sleep for all of us...it's biblical you know. :)
Proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.


4 comments:

  1. Jeannette - you are always on my mind and I pray for you so very often. You have so much strength in the Lord....you are an inspiration and remind me that I can trust the Lord no matter what!! During these hard times is when people see that we belong to Him!! In these times when things are difficult!! People think that when you trust in Christ life is easy....not so and the Bible tells us so. You show His light into the lives of others and I am sure that you are winning people to the Kingdom of God by sharing your testimony!! Thank you for sharing....praying for you always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update- thinking of you and praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette,
    Praying for you and your whole family. Your testimony is an inspiration and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your inspirational words and sharing your heart Jeanette. You are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete