Wednesday, June 25, 2014

More Good News!

Gotta keep this super short. So many things to catch up on since we traveled to Pennsylvania for Adam's Grandma's funeral last week.  We returned home late Sunday & I am so proud of the kids. They did an amazing job in the van for the majority of the trip. So now that we've returned home, we need to get all the stuff put away. Ya know the suitcases (or in our house it was the Thirty-One bags), the laundry done & put away, the toys & other 'to do' things unpacked & put away. Wow, what a chore it is to pack & then return back to normal. But I wouldn't change it for anything. We had a wonderful time with our family, learned a lot of family history which was really cool & celebrated a very special, fun, loving lady that was nearly 103 years old.  Miss you Grandma! We will cherish the time we had with her as well as the time we had with our other Pierce family this past week.  Too short of time but super special!

The day before we left, I had my appointment & labs drawn. The nurse called me on Monday from the oncology office to tell me that the tumor marker number had dropped significantly again from 275 down to 148. I remember the doctor told us that the closer the number is to 0, the better. We are PRAISING God in all of this, and this is obviously no exception.  The crazy thing is that I am only taking 1 medication that helps battle the cancer.  Everything else is from the hysterectomy surgery which helped removed the hormones AND the BIGGEST and BEST thing....GOD, our ultimate physician and healer working on my body.  He is soooooo amazing. Thank you Lord for healing me!

I know that you  might feel discouraged in your life at times. It happens to all of us. When you feel that way, turn your eyes to God.  He is always there to help you through. He may not do things in your timing, but he knows what's best for you & wants the best for you.  Allow him to lead you to the place he wants you and follow his will.  One of the verses I pray over my body is Proverbs 15:30 because my bones were affected by the cancer.

Proverbs 15:30  NIV 

Light in a messenger's eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

Look, it's even on a t-shirt. :)  That's cool!


And if you need some healing verses, here are a few places that I have used. Joyce Meyer has a pdf that you can print. Someone actually sent me a pamphlet of these verses that I keep in my purse and read when I am waiting or need some extra God time because I am hurting or needing to get my eyes on him.  The pamphlet has the same verses on the FREE pdf. Print it out & read them each morning as your daily vitamins.  Andrew Wommack has several of the same verses in an audio file with some soft background music that you can listen to and learn yourself. God's word is what you need. His word is LIFE and TRUTH!

Have a blessed, joyful, & grateful day!

P.S. Don't forget to check out my friend Katie's Psalms Series by clicking on the link that is in purple. It's worth the time.  My guest blog post will be featured on Monday June 30th. So head on over and start reading the others today.  I'm posting a badge on the side of my page that you can also click to visit the Psalm Series.

1 comment:

  1. Pennsylvania?!??!??! How did I miss that?!! I just looked and checked out your facebook wall, So close!! :( I hope you had an easy hike back and forth. and a wonderful time with family celebrating an amazing life!

    Whoohoo on that tumor marker!! I am so so happy to see this. What a drop too!! Hope it continues on the trek to 0!! :friends

    ReplyDelete