Monday, September 15, 2014

Refresh my Soul

How do you refresh your soul?  Is there only ONE way of doing it?  I personally don't think so.  I find that my soul feels refreshed with a variety of things.  To name a few; spending time with Jesus, reading my Bible, praying, listening to worship music (praising Jesus), exercise, organizing, spending time with family or a friend, sometimes even watching a movie.

Last Thursday I had planned to spend some time with one of my best friends (I have several BFFs :) ).  We have both been so busy with getting ready for school & school starting that we had not had the time to just hang out together.  But we had worked a time into our schedules and Thursday was it!  And when I left from the few hours we spent talking together, I felt refreshed.  I knew that I wanted to share this with all of you because it is very important to make sure to take time to refresh your soul.  We are made of 3 parts; 1.) Body 2.) Soul and 3.) Spirit.  Our soul is also made up of 3 parts, our a.) mind b.) will  and c.) emotions  And the condition of our soul is connected to our level of peace.  A recent sermon I was listening to talked about our soul and when the soul is healed & refreshed, you'll have peace.  I was fortunate enough that I also had a scheduled best friends time on Friday evening and when I left from my friends, I was even more refreshed.

I find it so unbelievably cool that God knows exactly what we need and His timing is amazing!


"Thank you Lord for refreshing my soul.  Please guide others to learn how to put you first and learn how to refresh their soul as well.  It makes for more peace and joy in our lives. And when we have you at the top of the priority list, everything else seems to fall into place so much better!  Jesus, send true, loyal, loving friends to each of those reading this blog, so they can know how wonderful it is to have a friend that helps make them better because that is a blessing.  Help us to choose friendships that sharpen us and to recognize when friendships do the opposite. If we have the latter kind of friendships, guide us to know what you would have us do about that friendship. We long to follow your will and your plan. In Jesus' name, Amen."

God's word says he will refresh our soul.
Psalm 23:3 (NIV)
HE refreshes my soul. HE guides me along the right paths for HIS name's sake.






Here is more of Psalm 23. It is a Psalm that is known by many and states right in it that he will refresh our soul.





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and I am so happy that in the business of every day life you took the time to do this. It is hard and there are so many reasons that come up to cancel that precious time. It reminds me of something someone told me once and I follow it (well most of the time, as I still get caught up in the busyness (ok that should be an "i" I think but then it just says business...whatever) of life and forget. Today I am doing the same thing....getting together with a friend for coffee whom I have not seen in a long time.

    Relationship Before Task - that is what I try to remember and follow.

    Thanks for always sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete